Torey - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: change, courage, hope

I believe in The Cure

I believe that someday there will be a cure. I’m talking about “the Cure.” The cure for something hundreds, even thousands of people go through. The cure is one of the most wanted things throughout the entire world. The select few out of the whole world who were chosen to go through this, hope and pray for the cure everyday.

Millions of people fight against this horror, hoping to achieve this cure. The many fighters range from little town groups to the numerous organizations run by charities. “Race for the Cure” is just one of the ways showing hope and faith of the many fighters to find the cure.

Families going through this difficult time are some, if not the best, fighters for the discovery of the cure. If not more, the people who are the ones going through this are the true champions. Everyday, they show the world what it means to be a fighter. They are the ones who believe and are the ones who battle their way for hope.

My family is just one out of the thousands of families fighting this battle for the cure. My Aunt Sandy was diagnosed a couple of years ago and fought so hard to maintain strong and hopeful. She finally defeated the monster that had attacked her and remained healthy for a long time. A few months ago, the monster she had conquered returned. She has been so tired lately and it makes me so sad to see her like that. However, she inspires me so much. Although she may be weakened, her heart and faith are still standing strong. She is one the bravest people I know and is one of the most powerful believers in the discovery of the cure. My aunt’s courage and faith is what inspires me to be so passionate about finding the cure. I believe that if everyone joins together, that someday we will find the cure.

These people, including my aunt, are not victims but are true fighters, believers and warriors. They strive to conquer this monster and strive to find the cure. This I believe. I believe that someday we will fight hard enough and we will find the cure for this monster whose name is cancer.