Alicia - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: love

We Will Know

We all know that love exists. I think we can all agree upon that as a fact. It’s so obvious, but not everyone agrees that love at first sight is also true. In this I believe. Ask anyone; they will tell you that love is real. I believe there is someone out there for every single person in the world. Without love in the world how would there be any kind of functional society at all? How could we successfully run a country that shows no caring or kindness at all towards anyone else? Aren’t these traits of loving one another anyway? All this is relevant and proves that love exists, but can it really begin at first sight? I know that many people use it as an old cliché. “It was love at first sight”, the dreamy-eyed girl stated in regards to her recent date. Can something that seems so unrealistic and mythical really happen? Yes, I believe in love at first sight even though I have yet to experience it yet myself.

I think the main reason that I believe so strongly in this is because of my religious background. I am catholic and now more than ever I rely on my faith to be the foundation of how I live my life. I believe that everything happens is for a reason. It’s because that is how it was supposed to be, how God intended it to be.

We see people who are in love everyday. Some are old and some are young people, but you can always just tell if they are. There is something special about the way they are when they’re together, like they were made especially for one another. For example, my sister, Katrina, and her boyfriend Marc, they were inseparable during freshman year when they met, and started dating beginning of their sophomore year. They have been through three years of trails and pain, but their love has stayed strong through everything. They are an inspiration to me and everyone who knows them. Proof that love at first sight really exists.

For this reason I think that if you are destined to be with somebody that God made for you and you alone, how is there any way that you could meet this person and not know right away that you’re in love. In talking with people who disagree with me, I’ve found that they make a good point. How could you love a person without knowing them at all? It would be completely based on physical appearance right…wrong! Think about it. Somebody was made specifically for you and you think that you could pass them on the street and never give it a second thought? No way, God would not let that happen. He loves us too much to let us walk away from our destiny.

Like I said, love is indeed a mystery. It is confusing and sometimes even painful, but I know that God is so powerful that he can show us how to live out lives. He will lead us to our soul mates and at the first sight of them we will know, in this I believe!