Ryan - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: love, peace

I believe true peace can never exist. It has no real definition and something that does not have a definition or meaning does not have a real purpose. Also, it’s just not possible for true peace to exist and that is because it can’t. True peace may not have a real definition but people do have thoughts to as what it is. True peace is the belief of a time when conflict and war and all other troubles will have perished.

That’s impossible. The mind and thoughts of a person will always be at conflict, even if the issue isnt’t a serious one. Because of love, peace cannot exist. Love is known to be a great thing and when fully realized it is the stongest force known to man. Most of the time love is just confused with an infatuation or strong desire to be with someone even if you don’t like everything about them, as if you were forcing yourself to feel these strong bonds towards him/her.

Love is uncoventional at best. Love is just a feeling of stong happiness and euphoria. I’ve lived my entire life without knowing the realization of what love truly is. I would just force myself to achieve strong bonds with a person so I could just have a taste to what love truly is. I would categorize that as just an infatuation.

Strong bonds need to grow out of nothing, they need to blossom out of nowhere. Rarely ever has someone had strong bonds towards and with someone and actually have maintained it over periods of time. I’ve looked into the lives of those people who say, “Oh, it was just love at first sight for us.” Nine out of ten of those people all divorced in 5 years or less. The others were mostly lucky.

I’ve lived my entire life without knowing the realization of what love truly is. That was a true statement until a couple of months ago. It took a while but I started to feel something that I can only describe as foreign. I felt strong happiness and and a sense of strong euphoria towards someone. This girl made me feel powerful but powerless, complete yet completely incomplete.

I wanted to know what this was and why this was and where this strong bond could have came from. I wanted to know, I had to know. I spent weeks thinking, going through any possible experience to try and uncover any motives as to why I was feeling this feeling for this girl I hadn’t known that long, just a few months. When I thought about it, I was just coming up with the usual things, nothing alien. This girl was always around.

She made me laugh a lot, but when I’m around people I’ll usually laugh about anything. I couldn’t come up with anything so I figured the only way I could possibly know would be to be direct with her, to confront her. I spent the next few weeks being a lot closer to her, trying to find some evidence as to why I was so bonded to her… and I came to no conclusion.

Like true peace, love has no true definition but unlike true peace, love does exist, has always existed, and always will exist because humans were made to love. True peace will never exist because love will always be present to cause uneasiness and faults. But there is another kind of peace. A peace that can bring all nations together as allies and maybe at some point, friends. I do believe in that peace. It’s not out of reach and I know that that is something that we all can achieve together. The key to it is love because love is our reason for existance. Live to love.