Mike - Louisville, Colorado
Themes: work

I believe that hard work will pay off, and that everyone will eventually, get what they deserve. Why is it that people that seem so deserving never get what they deserve and the people who are the most unworthy get what they don’t deserve? It is one of the so many mysteries of the world that we try and live with, but maybe there is an explanation to this phenomenon or a way that we can justify.

So, if we can look at a situation like this more in depth maybe we will find that it’s not what it seems. Or maybe everyone is getting what they deserve, but maybe not to the immediate eye.

Lets say that some one is applying for a job, and they really want it, so they work really hard to try and get this job putting their heart and soul to do everything they can to get this job but another person who is no where near as qualified but just seems better for what ever reason steps in without thinking twice about it and gets the job. To the immediate eye it seems that the person who didn’t get the job must have just not had what it took, extra work or no extra work, he just didn’t have it, so he is the loser. But is he really? What happens later when people find out what happened, and they know that he really didn’t deserve the job but got it any ways? They lose respect for him they look down on him because he was a slacker but still got the job. Even though it seems that the person who got the job is the better one, in reality he is not. And the person who didn’t get the job is in the opposite position, people gain respect for him and feel more inclined to help out where help is needed. And if the deserving one can be patient and just give it time the one who hired the wrong person will hopefully come to his wits and realized what he has done, or suffer the consequences. And who in the end after all facts accounted for is the one better off? I think it is easy to decide now. This is how I think you can explain an unfair situation like this.

All though it seems that I am busting on the slacker for messing things up, there is a way I believe that the slacker can fix the problem. In the same situation, if he can only realize what has happened and not be ignorant about it, he can help solve the problem. The first thing that the “newly employed” needs to do is show the other person who didn’t get the job respect by putting in extra work to show that he also deserves the job. The next thing he needs to do is help that person out wherever help is needed. And if the situation is that serious and he really doesn’t need the job and doesn’t really deserve it that much, is to simply step down and let the other have the job. And I think this is how you can justify a situation like this.