Kayte - Hickory, North Carolina
Themes: carpe diem

Time is of the Essence

“Time and tide wait for no man.” Time is a prescribed or an allotted period of one’s life. Americans today seem to be obsessed with it. They worry and rush to meet deadlines as if time controls every aspect of life.

Timing is everything. At this very moment, my teacher is yelling that I only have forty minutes left to finish this essay. Even though time is of the essence to finish this, I want to work diligently to get a good grade furthermore proving our point.

“Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” Do people really use their time wisely? You can’t go back in time and change things so the decisions you make today will follow you the rest of your life. When my grandfather was still alive and living in a rest home I avoided visiting him because I didn’t want to feel uncomfortable. Hind sight is 20/20 and now that he has passed away I wish I would have overcome my selfishness and spent my time with him more wisely. People’s views on time differ from person to person. I feel that being with family is of the utmost importance. The bible says that life is as a vapor, here today and gone tomorrow. I want to make the most of what time I have.

Have you ever heard someone say “I’ll do it tomorrow?” Who says you have tomorrow you’re never guaranteed another day. I’ve watched other teenagers that I go to school with and I’ve seen how they waste their time. Some are so focused on their social life that they forget about their school work. Then again some are so focused on their school work that they forget about their social life. Both things are very important to a sustaining life and it’s imperative that you know how to balance both. Have you ever had a project and waited till the night before it’s due to work on it? I am the world’s worst procrastinator and my procrastination leads to stress. I know it’s all about priorities and how I manage my time. How well do you manage yours?

For everything there is a season, And a time for every matter under heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to seek, and a time to lose; A time to keep, and a time to throw away; A time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate, A time for war, and a time for peace. -Ecclesiastes 3:1-8