Stephen - Benicia, California

When a civilization experiences a period of sucsess and oppulance spanning four or more generations each generation is progressively more childlike. When starvation is almost impossible people begin to do silly things. They create gods, view gladitorial combat, play video games, and a whole host of things that don’t really make the world any better. People want to look young forever, the value of age and wisdom being long forsaken. They want to be constantly distracted by shiny beeping things that amuse them, only to be shorty discarded for the newest shiny thing. Finally when true infancy is achieved they want everything right now, if not faster. Or they will cry and how they wail. with full bellies and warm beds they cry about haircuts, and how slow their computer is and how small their TV is and how the meal someone else cooked for them made of animals they didn’t kill and vegetables they didn’t grow “Wasn’t as good as I expected”. Eventually stupidity kills these florishing civilizations, not the squirrel eating barbarians that conquer them.

Sadly, it is time for the wise among us to find high ground with clean water and a secure food supply, and have enough ammunition to defend it.

With the mass and momentum our country has achieved, the slightest bump could send us reeling and crashing into anarchy. In spite of this. I don’t see the need to slow down and be rational overcoming the faster cheaper infantile mentality of the nation.

It could be any number of natural, man made, or man made natural disasters that cause the pendulum to swing, but swing it will. Nature which we are still a part of is self correcting and unfortunatlly we are the problem at hand.