Frank - Austin, Texas

I believe in proving others wrong. When ever someone tells me that I can’t do this and that or if I don’t do this I won’t fit in, I intend to try harder and show that they are wrong. I hate when people judge me because of my physical appearance or race. I like to prove others wrong and show how ignorant that can be because of there irrational way of thinking.

One thing that people don’t know about me is that I’m very competitive and I don’t like to lose at anything. It runs through the family especially my fathers side. I always have to win or be good at it, that’s just who I am. If I have never played a game before and lose the first time I tried, I will always try to figure out how to become better and win. It’s my mentality.

I love to play sports because I grew up around it and it’s very competitive. Especially in basketball, when people view me as a short, skinny Asian that can’t play it motivates me to play harder. My friend and I always played basketball with each other but never one on one. One day we argued who was better and who could win out of the two. We decided to see whose better by playing one on one. Looking at physical aspects he was bigger, faster and way stronger than me but I didn’t let that get to me. I knew I was smarter and that I could wear him out by running a lot. We played 5 games straight and I came out on top with three victories. Every time I step on the court I will most likely be the under dog but I will always have something to prove even if I don’t have the physical size to, all I need is to believe.

One big thing that my friends and I always play and will always argue over whose better is a football game on Playstation 2 called Madden NFL. It’s a different way for me to show how competitive I am. Every year Madden comes out with a new game with new features that you have to learn and master. Madden is one of most competitive sports game that I have ever played because its shows who is the smartest and who has the better skills. I like to play others who talk a lot of trash saying how they are the best at that game and no one can beat them, which I hear everyday at school. I let people talk all their trash and when they play me and lose, I like to see their reaction. To me it’s like playing for respect and I want to be the top dog at the game, I want to be the person to beat. The game is so serious that when I play, I turn off my phone so I won’t get distracted, that’s how much I hate to lose.

When people go out to parties and hang out they saw you have to drink to have fun but I don’t consider that to be true. I’m always the only one not drinking when hanging out with my friends at parties. Some might say why come to a party if your not going to drink and some might call me a loser but I don’t let that or peer pressure get to me. I just like to watch how funny and stupid people look when they are drunk. You can always have fun without consuming alcohol.

Believe me when I say proving others wrong makes you feel better about yourself. Its shows that I can overcome anything and proves myself how much smarter I am than others. It makes me feel better about my life and boost my self-esteem and self-confidence.