Meghan - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: forgiveness

I Believe In Forgiving

I believe in forgiving and letting go of things/people that hurt you. I believe the worst thing to do in life is to hold a grudge! You can go to your grave mad at somebody for something that happened years ago. If somebody makes you mad don’t go around mad at them without letting them know; just go up to the person and let them know how you feel. Most people hold grudges for years, and after all that time they forget what they’re mad for.

A close friend of mine once told me, “Don’t walk around with a grudge. The other person is walking around doing just fine, and you staying up all night mad at them.” This makes so much sense to me. I had a situation like this once before myself. A friend from earlier on in my life moved to my school, we hadn’t seen each other in years. We had been best friends at one point and time, but he became very abusive. He would always hit me and push me around because he was twice my size. After about a month I guess that he wanted to go out with me and I said it was okay, thinking that he would change his abusive ways. The second day we went out he pushed me into a wall, and I held a grudge with him for two months. That’s when my friend told me her advice for the situation.

Everybody should try to go by this advice. I believe that if you truly forgive someone you won’t keep bringing up what they did. It annoys people when you say you forgive them, but they have to hear you keep bringing the issue back up. I believe you need to learn how to forgive and move on with life.

I believe that the world would be a better place if people learned how to let go. There are killings and deaths everyday because of people holding grudges. If we continue to live the way we do, this generation will be very small. I believe that the world should be peaceful. Nowadays everywhere you go there’s somebody mad at somebody else. I believe that if everyone in the world forgave and let go of the people and things that hurt them, we could move on with life. Until then there are going to be more fights and killings.

I believe that people make mistakes. I believe that letting go of mistakes makes things better. I believe that the world has too much drama. I believe that hearts are hurting, and need to be healed. I believe that we need to release what’s holding us back. I believe that we can forgive.