Kamal - Irvine, California

This I believe

Today’s media sources do wonder in brining news and views to the attention of public effectively. Despite minor mistakes what such sources can do in a day no political party can do in decades. This confirms the effectiveness of pen and mind over tongue and muscle. Critical input might help these sources to make fewer mistakes! I noted in a survey by a reasonable source the people were asked to express themselves without using phrases such as “I believe”, forgetting that self expression is by default what one believes. Most likely they intended the comments to be short by avoiding obvious phrases. However, there might be other explanations: 1) they might be social fanatics and not interested in the “I” phenomenon or 2) they might be science worshipers and not value beliefs.

In the case of social fanatics, we might be dealing with upbringing in a closed society, where one “I” is everything and no one else has a chance to make a difference. In such a society the choices of people are made by a king, a clergy, a general, a billionaire, or a peasants and proletariat chief and therefore “I” loses its value! Removal of the lords of pathological “I”s is needed in order to find room for the healthy growth of individual “I”s. Contrary to a closed society, in an open society where every “I” has its own value, both the “I” and the society flourish. In such a society the uniqueness of every individual “I” and that of the whole society is celebrated in a Birth- or Independence Day respectively!

In the case of science worshipers, we might be dealing with rigid data oriented minds, unlike the flexible genius mind of the little Albert who was terrorized by the big Adolf. A rigid scientist might argue that phrases with “I believe” are opinionated, and do not belong to fact based sources. They might forget there is no scientific evidence about subservient gene of some minorities, yet they are considered as such by the governments of dominant ethnic groups, who believe they are entitled to determine the destiny of others. While their idea of self-superiority might stem form an inferior and primitive ideology, I rather give benefit of the doubt and attribute such arrogance to a disorder called common sense deficiency or CSD.

The contagious CSD spreads quickly among those who have been exposed to a brainwashing procedure called assimilation without equalization. By virtue of learning the language of the dominant groups, minorities afflicted with CSD become convinced they have no identity of their own and their masters are entitled to make choices for them. I believe, if the subservient people had been protected from CSD, they would have developed a strong sense of “I” and become capable of making better choices for themselves. For the people of my origin such a sense requires freedom and safety to make a choice at: www.art-in-mind.net/petition