Long - Austin, Texas

I believe exercise is the key to healthiness. I cannot stand the amount of unhealthy and overweight students I see everyday in school. Students who are overweight by choice. Students who are overweight by genetics. Students who are overweight for whatever reason. I don’t know all the reasons, but what I do know is unhealthiness is starting far too young. The obesity doesn’t just happen in the younger years but in the adult years as well. Maybe a cause is fast food or laziness, or a combination of the two. I know for sure as a child I always wanted to go to McDonald’s, maybe it was the toys, maybe it was the food, but either way I did eat at McDonald’s quite frequently as a child and still eat fast food every now and then because of the convenience. I admit to eating fast food for the quickness and price but know that I can’t eat it all the time. I’m not saying you can’t have fast food but there are limits to it and I know I have to exercise to burn the fat off to stay healthy. Although my fast food eating began at an early age, it didn’t cause me personally to become overweight. If anything, I’m between underweight and normal for my height. But this is not the case for everyone. I can’t help but feel bad for the obese children I see. I feel bad for the onslaught of jokes made about them. I feel bad for their inability to run and play with the other kids. When I look at them, it’s almost as though I can see the life time of suffering their weight is going to cause them if they don’t do anything about it. Don’t get me wrong, the obese aren’t the only ones who are unhealthy, you can be unhealthy and thin if you profusely ingest fatting foods without exercise. Being healthy involves exercise, something everyone needs to be healthy. Everyone would be healthier for spending thirty minutes a day working out and being active. Not only will the exercise make you healthier, but it’ll make you feel healthier and feel better overall. Exercise burns the fat in the body and releases endorphins which make the body feel better during and after the exercise. The only downside to this exercise is the soreness and tiredness caused by the exercise but this is the price for a healthy lifestyle. Unhealthiness and obesity lead to early deaths and numerous health related issues which are timely, costly and emotionally straining. Just a little maintenance and a little conditioning daily, everyone can dramatically increase life span. Just like obesity, healthiness can occur at any age and at any time. It’s never too late to begin a healthier lifestyle and begin a better life. The first way to begin is turn off the television and computer and go outside for a nice jog or walk and begin to feel better.