Trisha - Denver, Colorado

I believe that we all have a responsibility in creating a healthy, sustainable future. We can start by working on our own attitudes. We simply need to focus on the good things that are happening around us. I am a firm believer that we create what we fear. So as a global family, we should be focusing on all the greatness of our world. If our communication with each other was one of positive messages, how could we not create a better future? The solutions are there, we simply need to tap into them. The young minds of the next generation are bubbling with ideas. Let’s nurture the young with possibilities. Living day to day, appreciating all the love around us and doing our part in spreading it around, especially to those in lack.

My passion is to inspire young and old to embrace positive action concerning our global challenges. I am currently a first responder or victim’s advocate for the Police Department. We are there during the initial critical time of that victim’s experience – even though it might not immediately get better for the victim, whatever we can do right then will probably affect the way they handle their situation from then on. We can be there at the scene of the crime, do what we need to do, and hope that we have helped guide the ship carrying that person into the perfect horizon, because they are in the Captain’s seat controlling the tiller.

My life provides many venues for me to ‘walk my talk’ but being a VA allows me to be ‘hands on’ one person at a time. If we all could make time to volunteer in some capacity that guides someone to focus on the greatness of our world, imagine the great outcome.