Steven - Lexington, North Carolina

I believe that I am angry with my government. I believe in lines, or maybe I should say fine lines. In life, there truly are lines that should not be crossed. Sometimes they’re obvious and called laws. Sometimes they’re not so clear, and require us to use common sense in many instances. However, somewhere along the way, we as a society have become blinded to many of those lines, which in my opinion hold the very fabric of our existence together. Right vs. wrong, good vs. evil…these things truly do exist, and no matter how hard we try on any level to act as if they don’t, we will fail. Have you noticed how politically correct we have become as a nation? Have you noticed that honesty has taken a back seat while we frantically come up with new ways and means of communicating so that no one ever gets their feelings hurt or that no stereotype ever gets justification?

We have created words to say things that we already have words for. My brother-in-law is black, not African American. He was born and raised in Baltimore, MD, and his parents and grandparents were as well. I am not German American, although that is where my ancestors came from, and I have no desire to ever be addressed as such. Aren’t we all Americans? I think the only one we ever really get right is Native American. I believe that is the least we could do after invading their land, almost completely exterminating their entire race, and then lying to our children about the whole process in our public school books…don’t you? Well, don’t forget the Casinos…we did give them the casinos. I believe that Thomas Sowell is a genius regarding social issues and economics and I know the Government is scared of him. I wish every high school senior in public schools was required to read at least one of his many books. I believe like Mr. Sowell that Welfare and Affirmative Action are habitual and crippling things that hold down and oppress those who qualify or depend on them.

I believe that we haven’t fought a real war since WWII, and that all lives lost since then have been lost in vain due to political and economical reasoning. I believe in the “Old Time” Patriotism that my Grandfather once had, but I know it’s gone, not due to anything our troops have done, or our citizens have done, but what our Government has done over the past 45 years or so. I find it very troubling that we take the very article that our laws were derived from, out of our Court Houses where our laws are put into practice. I believe that Islam is an evil religion, that immigration, Wal-Mart and overseas manufacturing is destroying our economy, and that Thomas Jefferson was right. Maybe we do need a revolution every 20 years.