Mai Kao Ia - Green Bay, Wisconsin
Themes: love

Take a Chance

Regrets are some things we don’t want to live with. They are disappointments in our lives that make us want to turn back the hands of time and do it differently.

When I saw that opportunity slipping through my fingers I got scared. I was waiting for him to make the move and for almost a year and a half I didn’t say anything. We beat around the bushes and never told each other. When I first met him I never thought that I would ever like him. But I did. I liked him, a lot. He flirted with me and I flirted back. We had grown very close in that year and a half; it felt so right. At times I wanted to tell him, but I was scared. “What if he doesn’t feel the same way?” I thought to myself. I didn’t want to make a fool of myself.

Everyone that knew us told us that we should date. And others, who didn’t know us, thought that we were dating. But he never asked and neither did I. I kept my mouth shut and never took the chance. And suddenly one day I realized that I was going to lose him and probably never see him again. I was sad and disappointed. “What should I do?” I kept asking myself. I wanted to tell him so much, but the fear of rejection kept me quiet. I watched him slowly walk out of my life without saying one word.

I still feel sad when I think about it. But I can’t do anything about what had been done. The past is the past and from this experience I have learned to take more chances. I’ve learned to say what is on my mind and to be straightforward with my feelings. In love, if you take the chance there isn’t much to lose. But if you don’t take the chance you’ve lost everything and probably forever. You never know when you’ll get another chance so you should seize the moment.