Ryan - Green Bay, Wisconsin

Indescribable

When someone touches your life, an instant bond is formed between you forever. Something that many people struggle to understand and fail to find their entire lives. At the age of 14, I was touched by more than just a person, but by something greater. When life was drastically transformed in the most terrible way, there was more for me in something I couldn’t touch or see than there will ever be in things of this world. After an encounter like this, there is no need for proof, no need for reassurance. The knowledge is opened and an unbreakable faith is created. The worst period in my life has had the most incredible influence on my future. I now feel things that I would have never even thought of experiencing had events not unfolded as they did. Many people have experienced this and have struggled to capture their experience. I don’t know that there will ever be a way in which words can describe something so supernatural. But for those who sit alone wonder if there’s more, you can hear this out. If you’ve ever seen a sight that makes you stop in awe of it’s inexplicable beauty, something that takes your breath away and for a brief moment, there is complete and total serenity, there is an explanation. If you’ve ever experienced a feeling of complete and total joy, even once, where there wasn’t one thing on your mind that tarnished your feeling of bliss, there’s more than a worldly explanation. At some point, we have all questioned the thought of a higher being, of something greater than we can even imagine. When you feel miserable and alone, as though no one is there to help you through, you are never alone. If you’ve ever even wondered whether or not there is a God, even questioned whether He could really exist, just try this, as lame as it may sound. The next time you sit in that moment of pure joy, or that scene of indescribable beauty, just call out softly, “is that you God?” Maybe you won’t hear anything at all, but if you feel in your heart that anything is possible and you open yourself up completely to anything, you might just be amazed to be touched by something amazing, something incredible, and something you can hold onto for the rest of your life. Then, you can struggle to describe your experience to the world, just like me.