Perla - austin, Texas
Themes: morality

It’s a beautiful day outside; the sun is shining the breeze is soothing…a perfect day for the park. As I’m sitting there, I see tiny children playing with the sand, swinging with passion and laughing with joy. Mommies are watching, some with their bellies about to explode. It’s then that I realize about the beauty of existence, I realize how wonderful living is and how precious babies are. I believe in the choice of LIFE.

When a mom-to-be decides to have an abortion, no one ever wonders what that baby wanted. Did they ever think of that baby’s choice to live? No. They only thought about their future, their reputation, their pain, and their lives. But they never thought of the baby’s suffering, the baby’s future, or the baby’s life. The fear and pain are understandable. I can sense the fear the mother is feeling thinking of her future, her school, and her social life. But let’s start thinking of the blessing that a baby will be to the mother’s life. Yes, life will never be the same. Going out will be harder, going to school and being a mom will be complicated, and even getting a job and finding a babysitter will be though too. But we need to understand that everything we do will bring consequences to our lives. Being pregnant is a consequence of a decision we took and we need to be responsible enough to deal with that outcome.

Life is a gift from above and we can’t take it for granted. Since the moment a baby is conceived, that baby has a life. Its heart will develop in weeks but that baby is a human being, and we can’t deny it. What would have happened with the world if Abraham Lincoln’s mother had decided to abort her child? What would have happened if Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Rosa Parks, or Ronal Reagan would never had existed because an abortion? We wouldn’t have the privileges of life today, because they made a difference in the world. The child that is killed inside the womb was destined for great things, but by ending its short life we are only destroying the future of this world.

I believe in the option of life. I believe a baby has the choice to live or die, and no one can take that right from the baby. Abortion is murder and we need to put an end to it. Think about this: eagles are protected under the Bald Eagle Protection Act, which makes it illegal to take, kill or possess them in any way. Penalties for violating the laws protecting eagles can involve prison sentences and penalties of up to $100,000. Typical fees for first trimester abortions can range from $350-$700. America is more concerned on the lives and rights of animals than the lives and rights of human beings!!! No matter how we look at it, abortion is killing and America should give the baby an opportunity to discover life.