Lindsay - Johnson Ctiy, Tennessee

There are few people who are passionate about their craft. Loving what you do is not shameful, but some refuse to break their neck for what they love the most. Those remaining insane characters who give all they have (and so much more) are truly noble and admirable. I am one of these obsessed people, one who never stops.

My passions own me. It shouldn’t be this way. I shouldn’t be ruled by sounds plucked from guitar strings and ivory keys. I shouldn’t base my life on notes spread over five lines and four spaces. Stage lights and studio mirrors shouldn’t control me. My fingers shouldn’t cramp from hours of music composition, nor should my voice grow hoarse. I shouldn’t sweat tears on stage from hours upon hours of frustrating and exhausting rehearsal. I shouldn’t wipe the blood from my feet after grueling dance rehearsals. But I do. I do all of this without second thoughts, or regrets.

Sometimes, I’ll lay in the dark and quiet and wish to be better at what I do. For my passions, I will do anything to achieve perfection. Even though I am well aware that absolute perfection is a myth, I strive to reach it. It’s a way to keep my ambitions high; it’s a way to keep me working. The more I push myself, the closer I get to my ideal level of success. I believe there is no limit to how high I can soar. One day, I will be able to tell everyone that I did it. That will be the day that I own my passions. Until that day arrives, I will believe in myself. I will be passionate for the craft that I eat, sleep, breathe, and above all LIVE for…This I Believe.