Mitchell - Seattle, Washington

I maybe only 14 years old but I already know how to live a wonderful life with a single belief. That belief is that if you are good to others they will treat you nice in return. That may sound like a cliché but it really works if you can just give a positive attitude. That’s why I’m going to show you with words how that has influenced how I live my life.

What’s cool about my belief is that you can look at it in different ways. Like you could think of it as karma to sum extent. You could also say that you get what you give. What that says is if you are bad to someone then they will be mean to you, so if you are nice to someone they will be nice to you.

The explanation of my belief is simple. When you are kind to somebody they think that you are a nice person and so they will respect you and they will be kind in return. What I find important in my belief is that it is a kind of moral foundation. Now as any sane person can tell you when building a house it needs a solid foundation to be built on or over time the building will collapse. It is the same with a belief of any kind. When you have a good solid belief you wont collapse mentally and you can have a nice life.

Of course my belief has been challenge. It wouldn’t be a good belief if it hadn’t. So what happened was I was being really nice to everybody but there was always those few couple of people who would always be mean no matter how nice you were to them.

My personal experience with my belief initially started with me being nice to someone and ending with them being nice to me in return. Like one time I gave this one guy some lunch money for the week and he ended up paying me more than what I gave him.

The rules that govern my belief are not really rules but more like guidelines. What these guidelines say is to be nice to others if you want to be treated with respect.

My belief has always influenced the better side of me to come out of me. It has also helped me be a happier person because I know that I am doing the right thing. And when you have a good feeling like that in your heart it makes you happier than ever.