Kierra - Austin, Texas

I Believe in Strength

I am a women and I refuse to be looked over and stepped on, anytime a men or anyone else pleases. I never had a mother or father figure in my life to give me the love I needed. But this has never stopped me from being who I want and know I could be. Now I’m not saying it has been easy, because we all know it hasn’t. Every child wants the perfect dream family. So I decided when I was a young girl that weakness and failure would not be accepted. If you want something you have to go and do it yourself, because no one is going to look out for you better than yourself. I believe that strength is not characterized by how strong you are. But is by the will and endurance you took to get to that point. As I stroll through and recollect memories of my history books. I see legends that are known for their strength and will power. Martin Luther King, “Had a Dream”

He pushed passed the envelope to do the impossible, and made a difference. Now-a-days we don’t see the will power and strength of our young ones with the same determination. I see and recognize this and I want a make a change. Our society (Americans) is becoming so comfortable in having everything done for them. So much that we don’t use our brains, and aren’t being taught how important it is to have strength. I believe that strength is everything and what has and will get me through life. We are coming to an era where we are starting to loose focus. So I propose we get it together before we are known as the “generation who went to waste.” Who didn’t take advantage of everything our ancestors work for. Who are probably turning over in their grave right now. When I’m old and gray I would like to know that I made a difference in society. To be wrote about in history books, The Strength of One Little girl. This is my dream and through my strength and believing in the impossible, this will be a reality… I believe in strength