Brittany - Hamden, Connecticut

I believe that fate decides life. Things happen in life that a person does not have control over but that makes the pathways to life. Fate decides who exits and enters life and events change how one may think and look at the world around them. One decision can change an entire life. By deciding to go to that party, one may end up meeting the man of their dreams. Little things that may not make a difference really do. That little altercation of the day can affect life’s outcome.

I strongly believe that fate changes my life. Last New Years Eve I didn’t want to go out because of the storm but my friends dragged me out anyways. I went to some kids house and ended up meeting a boy that I had a lot in common with and someone that I really enjoy being with. If I never went to that house I might not have ever met that person.

My mom is a firm believer in fate. Her motto is feast or famine. She says that whenever something good happens something bad is sure to follow because you cannot have all well. There has to be some bad mixed in to show you that life isn’t always easy. She says that she has made some bad decisions in her life but that is what makes her who she is. She says that all her actions have reactions. Some good and also some bad. The story that I will remember for the rest of my life is the night she met my father and her husband. My mom wasn’t very big on the whole bar scene but one night she decided to go out with her friends. My father was a bouncer there and they both said it was love at first sight. My mom wrote her telephone number on a dollar bill with lipstick and gave it to my dad. When he got home the last two digits rubbed off. So he called every combination of numbers until he got hers. To me that is beautiful. If my mom never went to that bar she never would have met the man of her dreams and if my dad gave up and never called her, he would have missed out on some that he loves.

Fate comes in many forms everyday. It can be disguised as a person, as an action, or even as subliminal sign. It molds who you are and who you are going to be. Everything happens for a reason and to me that is a good definition of fate. You cannot control fate, embrace it and take whatever it gives. The good and the bad.