Cynthia - austin, Texas

Whether it is the sounds of a local hard rock band, or the sounds of a chirping mockingbird, the lovely sound of music can be heard in every corner of the world. Nourished by the emotions of mankind, music has become a part of life. I believe in the power of music.

Music is inspiring, thrilling, passionate. It is a friend that can relate to every aspect of our lives. It harmonizes the feelings that we hold within ourselves and expresses it as a beautiful string of music notes.

Imagine an orchestra. The front row consists of the woodwinds, followed by the brass and the strings. The stage is quiet —all of a sudden the roar of the trumpets and cellos ascend to great sounds and suddenly they diminish, all while the harmonic sound of the woodwinds uplifts the fallen sound and creates a perpetual soothing and relaxing tone. The heart is entwined with the beat of each note and the soul is lifted as if to follow the movement of the baton. Finally—the last measure. All the different instrumental sounds come together for one last victory over the audience; the director holds his hands up into the air as if he is holding the weight of the entire world in that one last note. Silence. The crowd is in awe. The entire orchestra warmly receives a standing ovation. The room again falls to silence.

How could anyone go without the sound of music? Just like people need air, people also need music. There is music for every feeling. I may feel angry, sad, or joyful; whatever may be the case, I can always find a song that makes me feel better and helps me deal with whatever issue that is troubling me.

Some people are not able to express themselves through writing or speech, but when the music slowly creeps up behind them, their hearts open up and explode with the passion that is being held within. Life could not possibly circulate without the marvelous sounds of life.