Christian - Seattle, Washington
Themes: pleasure, sports, work

I believe in football. What that means to me is not to ever give up. I think if you can’t handle playing football then you shouldn’t play because if you don’t believe that you can do it then don’t play the sport. My motto Even if you don’t want to do something, do it anyway, it will only make you stronger and tougher. Which means that you have to keep practicing even if there is no football practice.

I believe in hard work. I say if you do not have bumps, bruises, or scratches then you are not doing something right. If your body is not in pain, or sore, or aching in the morning then you are not trying hard enough. If you are tried in the fourth quarter then you are not practicing hard enough and it means you need to do more conditioning.

I believe in teamwork. Which means working together as a team to try and win the game. Teamwork is so important because there really is no “I” in “team”. Without someone blocking for you or making that needed tackle for you to run 80 yards for that game-winning touchdown you would never be able to do it. Every position matters in football there isn’t one position you can be in that don’t require hard work.

I believe in fun. Which means having fun whether you are winning or even if you are losing. Be proud that you even made it that far and always keep your head up. No matter how many points you are down the most important thing it is have fun. Without it the game of football is nothing.

I believe in enjoying the sport you love, without hard work, teamwork and lots of fun, football would be like any other sport.