Enzo - Seattle, Washington

Ok, so picture this, there is a 14 year old boy and he is walking home from school. It is pouring rain like always this time of year. Luckily, he gets a call from his mom saying she will meet him half way and drive him home. The boy still has about 6 blocks to walk in the rain and cold. When he finally gets to the half way point, he is so wet and cold he feels like a melting Popsicle. He sees his mom’s car, but it’s on the other side of the street. By now the boy is not in the happiest mood. Now he just wants to get in the car, but he has to cross the street. It is a very busy street and there is no crosswalk in site. He has to wait until there is an opening in the traffic and then sprint across the street. He is waiting and waiting, then there is this red minivan that stops, and this usually doesn’t happen so he is like wow, cool. He crosses the street, gets in the car and drives home. That boy was me, and that’s why I believe you should stop for the j-walker.

Personally, I think that this is a good belief. Whenever I tell it to someone they usually say, “What?” They think I’m trying to be funny because I’m a funny guy. The funny thing is I‘m serious. If you think about it then you will see that my belief makes sense. I think that everyone in the world has j-walked. If you have, then you know that it sucks to have to wait for that chance to run across. If you’re waiting, and someone stops for you, you will be like thanks.

For me, when it happens, it is like that person just made my day. I know that someone in the world cares. This is a life lesson. When you’re driving, you are only thinking about where you are going, and how soon you need to be there. Slow down and chill, then more than likely you will see somebody that needs to cross the street, and you could be the one that makes their day.

This is to every cop out there. I will always j-walk no matter what, and so will everyone else in the world. It doesn’t really matter because you are probably going too fast in life to notice the ones about to do it anyway. As for every other driver, next time you drive somewhere, clam down and look around. I think it will be very possible that you will see someone you can stop for, and that person will be like wow thanks. I know I’ll stop when I can drive, will you?