Adrienne - Greensboro, North Carolina

To any and every girl and woman:

You are beautiful, smart, funny, and confident. You can do whatever you set your mind to. You can be a doctor, a lawyer, an actor, or a mom. Use your mind to free yourself and to open up any opportunity you desire. Be caring and truthful, compassionate and trustworthy, and most importantly, love as much as you can. You are a woman and you can be whatever you want to be.

Your body is temporary; your impact on the world is forever. Don’t focus on your dimpled thighs, or your not-so-clear face, or that double chin. Focus on what you say, how you treat people, how you listen, and how you help. Focus on your education and pursuing your dreams. Think about what you want out of life and make it happen.

You are not living in the pages of a magazine, you are living in this world- right here, right now- and you have no time to waste. Do not worry about the petty things in life; if you do, your world will eventually become empty and alone. Women before you have fought against the crowd and gone against society just so girls like you could have a voice. Not a voice to complain with, talk gossip with, or to bring yourself down with, but a voice that you can be heard with, a voice that will make a difference.

Even though hair and makeup may seem important to you now, you will look back on photos of yourself in five years and feel ridiculous for thinking that that hairstyle ever was cool. Looks, trends, and beauty are always changing, but your beliefs and the ground you stand on are there to stay. Find your place and don’t be afraid to take it over.

You have everything ready and waiting right in front of you. Don’t be lead astray. Set your eye on your goal, whatever it may be, and go out and do it. Nothing is holding you back. All you have to do is love yourself, and everything else will fall right into place.