Shelley - Muskogee, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

Is a belief a truism, or does the belief create a truth for us? Another which came first, the chichen or egg?

I wanted to experience the action of tithing to my spiritual teacher, and acknowledge God as my source. Would anything happen? Would they pay back all that money if I went broke doing so?

Many blessings have occured in my life, but I’ll share the one.

I have never had health insurance since I left my home when I was 17 years old. Never really thought health care was a “good deal” for the money I put into it. But, at age 48 my 4 person company purchased health insurance for me. Wow, what a surprise! One year later I was diagnosed with stage 4 mutiple myeloma. In April of 2007 I will have 5 years in remmission. I have used one million three hundred thousands dollars of my pilicy to get here. I know many will dispute the idea that God has his hand in this. I also know that I still doubt myself at times. I have had a very rich life and now have put this belief to the ultimate test: I gave up my 20 year career. Beliefs to me are personal, if they don’t work for you, then so be it. Along with tithing, the Bible says “prove me now herewith, and I will pour out the blessings”. The only proof I have to offer is to those that know me. They say she can walk in dog poo and find gold. They know my belief, and I do not shove it down anyone’s throat. I’m walking through great fear, but, still walking. I would be honored to be used as living proof there is a loving father that cares for us and provides for us. I don’t ask for bread, I ask for the bread store. Am I the type that kicks God in the shines when I’m mad? Yes, but he still loves me.