Brittany - Katy, Texas

This I believe…

I believe the people you love the most are the people who will hurt you the most. Everyday I remind myself that there are some things a person will never understand, but one must learn to accept them. I am an eighteen year old girl, and I have the world at my fingers. That is what is programmed into young children’s minds. I gave up on that philosophy several years ago. I was the girl that once you had the pleasure of meeting them you instantly knew they had matured before their years. I do not blame my mother, although she insists she is to blame. I believe that life is unfair, that it is impossible to redo the past. I believe that dwelling over not being able to truly be a kid is an excuse. If there is one thing in this world I do not believe in, it is an excuse. I do not know the meaning to that word. At an earlier time in my life, I became depressed. I lost my standards and values and completely gave up hope. I started living a fast paced life, and did things I am certainly not proud of doing. Angels exist. This I believe. I prayed to God that He send me an angel to watch over me, and to help me out of the hole I had dug for myself. He sent him in the form of a man. I was instantly attracted to this angel with invisible wings, he was perfect in my eyes. I realize that all the events had led me to something amazing, something beyond me. I truly love someone. I truly love my angel. He taught me to have full trust in someone again after being betrayed by the worlds uglier side. He listened to me cry, stood with me, and cared. He may not be the prince charming I naively used to believe in, but his imperfections are so beautiful. I do believe in having FAITH. I know love finds a way, because I was his angel too. I listened, cried, and cared for him too. He prayed for me too. We found each other, and we continue to stand strong. We are now both living very morally and ethically correct lives. I believe in love, God, family, strength. Oh, and I believe that I DO have the world at my fingers.