Aran - Medina, Washington

“This I Believe”

Commentary by Aran Kirschenmann

I Believe That Heat is Hurting Frogs

Global warming is hurting frogs by drying out small ponds that frogs need, and I’m so worried because I love frogs. I love them because if you play with them, they’re really fun and playful. Also, last year I had them when they were tadpoles and watched them grow until they were frogs, it was so fun!

Not only frogs are suffering from global warming, but salmon (yum), corals (pretty corals too!), elephants (huge!), great apes (wanna banana?), turtles (I used to have one), monarchs (I catch those and then I let them go), pandas (ahhh, they’re so cute), polar bears (don’t eat me!), rhinos (stand back!), snow leopards (they’re good leapers), tigers (one of my favorite animals), whales (not orcas!), and dolphins are suffering too.

How You Can Help

The best way to stop global warming is to stop making more cars, factories, and other things that give out fumes and heat. But who’s going to listen to us?

Can you imagine that one degree Fahrenheit can cause so much damage? Like all the hurricanes and tsunamis that killed people, hurt people, and left people homeless, which made me so sad! But you can help!

I believe that everybody can help. If you all just stop driving your cars for one day every week, or remember to turn the lights out after you leave a room!

I believe everyone can help by doing just one thing! ! !

There are many, many ways to help stop global warming! Turning off the lights when I leave a room, is what I’ll do to help!

In the meantime I can try to save frogs. I’ll catch them as tadpoles. I’ll give them a nice home with other tadpoles for company. I’ll keep them together in a room with air conditioning and a small pond. I’ll change their water and feed them everyday. I’ll also give them treats and play with them. Then I’ll release them after they become frogs! Well, if my parents let me! !

This I Believe: I believe we can all help to save Earth.