Anam - 89178, Nevada

The Person That Influenced My Life

Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my life; my teachers, friends, mom, dad, but most of all my Aunt Sima. After a string of tragic and bizarre circumstances, she started living with my mom’s family. Aunt Sima’s generous nature, sympathetic heart, and friendly manner are what made me love and respect her so much. Her calm, caring compassion is obvious as she kindly puts everyone else’s needs and happiness above her own.

There are a lot of poor families in Pakistan some times there is only one person working to support 10 family members which becomes very tough. We had an old man in our neighborhood who lived is an old house with his grand- children. My Auntie told him that she would pay him $1000 rupees if he cleaned the front porch of our house everyday. I later asked my auntie why didn’t she just gave him the money rather than making him work. She smiled at me and said that she had just offered the money to him; it would have been a disrespectful thing for him because people would talk about it and insult him. I was a little confused so I asked her “why would people insult him if you give him money” and she told me than that he wasn’t always poor and that he still has that honor inside him and he would take a Penney from anyone, if he knew he wouldn’t be able to return it back.

She is a very strong woman, and she never gives up. The one thing that makes are my idol is that she has devoted her life to help children that are homeless. Last month, she told me that she had a five year old boy that was found unconscious on a street. The doctors told her that the boy was taking drugs, and that he would burn Glue is a cloth and than stiffed it. Aunt Sima told me that they are going try and find his parents, but until then he would be staying in the hospital. I want to find the same happiness that my Aunt finds in helping others, making people happy and that’s why I have decided to become a doctor and help people as much as I can. She really has influenced my life by doing what she does and being who she is.