Shaun - Superior, Colorado

One important thing to always remember is to really appreciate the time you are able to spend with people. Sometimes it may be hard, but you will never know how long you are able to appreciate other’s presence. It’s impossible to imagine how much you will miss them when they’re gone. I believe in going out of my way, and spending time with people, to make the world a better place.

My belief is especially directed toward family members because of the great affect they have on me. Through personal experience with my mom and brother not living with me anymore, I have come to miss my family members in ways that are unexplainable. When I look back on the times I spent with them, they bring a smile upon my face. I can honestly say that the worst experience I have ever shared with my brother or my mom is better than not spending any time with them at all.

My belief may not connect to everyone, but if someone in your life isn’t easily accessible like they used to be, you will understand the empty feeling you get when you deeply miss them. We need to remember the good experiences we had with those people, and create new experiences. We need to go out of our way, and reach out a friendly hand to strangers, who might be going through those deep, empty feelings themselves. The main goal of my belief, is to spread the idea of sharing time with new individuals, to create new memories. You never know how much some people need new memories to strive off of, or maybe just to satisfy your own need for new memories. I believe if people are spending time with new individuals, everyone can benefit in some way. I also believe that if you miss someone close to you, you should do everything you possibly can to get in contact with them, and tell them how important they are. Like I said before, you should enjoy every second you are with someone, because you don’t know how much longer you can spend with them. Some people are in desperate need for new memories, because of a lack of good experiences, that’s why we need to help provide other people with good experiences. I am sure that if people go through good experiences, they will probably be more likely to spend time with other people they meet. I believe that if I am willing to go out of my way to meet new people, new people will be willing to spend time with me. If more people would just spend time with others, they would learn to appreciate the people who surround them. If people learn to appreciate each other, the world will become a better place.