Bailey - Aurora, Colorado

Miracles Do Happen

Hello. I am 9 years old and almost ten. When I grow up I plan to

be an author. I began to enjoy writing in the first grade, when I wrote a little paragraph about dogs. When I go home I always work on stories. The story I am working on now is “The Lost Puppy”. I have one big brother and one little sister. I am a student at Fox Hollow Elementary School in Aurora, Colorado. I am an animal lover. My dad’s name is Jeff. My mom’s name is Stacey. I am a Christian. I have two dogs. I also have two fish. Their name’s are Nemo and Dory. I am a very lucky girl. My mom is the principal at Highline Elementary School. My dad takes care of other people’s money. I sometimes don’t get to see my mom. She gets up at 5 or 6 A.M. to go to work. She also sometimes gets back when I am tucked into bed. I only get to see my dad when we leave for school, and when I get home from school. When I do spend special time with my parents it feels like a miracle, and I know what a miracle feels like.

I believe in many things, but miracles do happen is my biggest belief. Each day I grow out of some of my smaller beliefs, but I will never grow out of “Miracles Happen”. When I become a mother, I will tell my children what I believe and the miracle that happened to me when I was born.

9 years ago, when I was born, my mother was whining in pain. The pain finally ended. She was so quiet that it sounded like she was dead. The nurse held the radiant baby in a pink blanket. The baby was rocked by her mother. The nurse said, “ This is the end of the baby’s life because her lungs are clogged.” Every one started to sob. The baby stopped breathing. My mother cried even harder.

Suddenly, the belly of the baby started to move up and down. My mother’s eyes grew wide. The baby started to cry. My mother sobbed with joy. The baby is still alive today. She loves all the things I love. That baby today is me.

So each day as I grow, miracles happen. Even when I am in a different city, state, country, or continent, even when it is not happening to me, miracles happen.