margarita - las vegas, Nevada
Themes: integrity

Be Yourself

Do you ever try to act like somebody that you’re not? Well I believe that being you is a must no matter what. You don’t want to live a lie. When people try to be somebody that they’re not all they end up doing is hurting themselves. Sometimes people pretend to be what they are not to make friends or attract somebody and that isn’t good because then people don’t like the real you.

When I started middle school I tried to make friends and pretended to be what I’m not. There were a group of popular kids at school and I wanted to fit in. My mom bought me pants and shirts that I really didn’t like just so kids at school paid attention to me a little more. When I started noticing that my “friends” weren’t really there for me I realized that I was trying to be somebody that I wasn’t for the wrong reasons. I decided to meet new people and try to find true friends.

As soon as I started meeting new people I noticed that being myself was much easier. I didn’t have to act like types of music interested me even though they didn’t. Now I relaxed and acted like myself. Finally I had learned that it doesn’t feel very good to know that people liked me because of the clothes I wore instead of my personality. With my new friends I found a couple of really good ones that I still talk to and keep in touch with. It’s really nice to know that if at the end of the day I feel overwhelmed, I can pick up the phone and call somebody that is there for me, and isn’t pretending to be my friend.

All that I hope is that everybody will realize what I did. That being you is the best thing to do. That way you know who likes you for you and who doesn’t. I just know that now I’m happy with my life and I’m glad that I don’t care what people think, just what my friends think. Just be yourself because in the end that’s all you have. Now that I’ve lived and learned I know that being Margarita is the best person that I can be.