Melissa - Lafayette, Colorado

I Believe Essay

There are many things that I believe in; the thing I most believe in is that we have a purpose on this earth and that it can be taken away. My cousin is one example. He was only twenty-six and healthy. Then, all of a sudden, he’s taken away. I truly don’t know why god takes people away, but I guess he thought that it was his time. Many people were hurt that day because of what he decided.

Sometimes life is unfair and it can hurt. But, I do feel there is a reason why we are all here today. There’s a reason why some never get hurt and live a happy life. Then, others feel pain all the time and have to suffer for whatever reason. I guess life can be horrible at times and then it can change the next day all together.

Even though there has been sadness in my life, there have been good times, too. The day I got my cat was a good day. When I was seven, it probably was on of the happiest days of my life. It was probably one of my favorite presents I have ever received in my whole life. He is now almost ten years old and he looks exactly like Garfield.

Another thing I believe in is to always help the unfortunate. So, I volunteer at the Boulder Humane Society. I can help the animals that are unfortunate to not have loving homes. This is a very important thing to me because I really want to become a vet someday. It’s important to help out with animals or people. I think it’s good karma. Karma is always a good thing to think about. Even though no one can be good all of the time, it is nice to try to do something good every once and a while.

Experiences in life can change you. I wouldn’t say that I have had many life changing experiences. One though was the day I found out my cousin died. We were having a party at my house and his parents were there. He was supposed to be there but he went to play golf instead. He never left that golf course. At least he went playing what he loved. Those are the most things that I believe in