Eren - Louisville, Colorado

Everyone has their own personality and they have become a unique person for several reasons. They all have their own personal morals and beliefs that have affected their lives today and make them who they are. Like everyone else, I have my own personal morals and beliefs to live by that have affected my personality and life today. Each day of my life, I use these few things to get by. Each day, these morals and beliefs help me to grow stronger as a person. Out of the many rules that I live my life by, I have two policies that have affected my life immensely through seeing others suffer from not following these morals. These two morals are smoking and drinking. I know how terrible the effects of smoking and drinking can be, not just from learning about them in school, but from personal experiences. Over the last few years, I have seen my uncle suffering through the effects of both addictions.

During seventh and eighth grade, my uncle had a brain aneurism due to his smoking and drinking. He was not an alcoholic, but he drank a good amount each day and he also smoked a lot each day. My uncle lives in Turkey, so part of the reason why he smokes so much is because of the environment, considering almost everyone smokes in Turkey. While, these were not the only two reasons why my uncle had a brain aneurism, they significantly affected how bad the aneurism was. Also, they affected the quality of his recovery. Still today, my uncle is not fully recovered from his aneurism, and is no longer progressing. He has lost his short term memory and many other things that he used to take for granted. Over the years, I have seen how hard his aneurism has been on himself, most of his close friends and family, but especially my dad. This is why I believe that smoking and drinking are two of the worst habits a person can start. I live each day with the morals and beliefs that I will never smoke and will never drink to an amount that could hurt my life.

By living my life each day with the morals and beliefs that I will never smoke and will never drink to the point were I could get hurt, I have become a stronger person overall, and am coming closer to accomplishing my goals each day. Also, these morals have not only affected my life, but now I am able to show others that you can live a successful and fulfilling life without having to smoke or drink to fit in. I do believe that no one should ever smoke because there are no benefits from smoking. However, I do believe that under certain circumstances, drinking is okay. These circumstances are that you have to be the right age to drink, and when you drink you need to be able to control yourself. For example, you can have a glass of wine at dinner, or when you go to a party, you can drink some, but never to the point where it could start affecting your behavior. By going through the pain of seeing my uncle suffer from the effects of drinking and smoking, I have come to live my life by the morals of never smoking and drinking. Only when I am old enough under the right circumstances, will I drink. Living each day by following these rules, I have become much stronger and a self-confident person.