Alexander - Danvers, Massachusetts

I believe in comedy, and the fact that not everybody has the talent to be a good comedian. There are those like George Carlin and Eddie Murphy who are incredibly raunchy. And then there are those like Billy Crystal and Nathan Lane, who create a great atmosphere and make jokes about you. There are many different types of comedy, and some just can’t figure it out. It’s a pet peeve of mine, when people try being comical, and just can’t pull it off.

My brother is a great comedian, always has been. I don’t know where he got it from because both of my parent’s cannot tell a good joke to save their life. No matter what you are talking about with him, or with someone else while he is in the room, he can make a joke about. He can poke fun at you, the situation, or something completely unrelated, and it still seems to make sense. It’s a very useful tool to have in life, comedy and humor.

Sadly, quite a few people don’t have that talent, and think that they do. If you are telling a joke to somebody and can’t get a laugh out of them, you obviously don’t have that talent, so stop trying. When someone keeps trying to tell the same joke over and over again to try and make sense of it, they sound extremely stupid. You aren’t a comic, deal with it!

On the other hand, there are many people who have that great talent and don’t choose to use it. This, on some occasions, is worse than thinking you do when you don’t. If you are an extremely fast runner, you do track. If you can bench 250lbs, you play football. If you can keep people laughing without trying, you do comedy.