Amy - Springfield, Ohio

This I believe, my life is measured not by the number of breaths I take but by the moments that take my breath away.

There isn’t enough paper in all the world to hold the many moments in my life that have taken my breath away so I can only touch on a small fraction of them.

I fill my days and nights with my two guys – my husband and son – so I feel compelled to write about my two wonderful, loving, giving and sometimes trying guys who manage to take my breath away on a daily basis.

It happened the moment when I was first introduced to my future husband and I had to squeak out a “hi, nice to meet you” while feeling like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.

It happened the moment when my future husband first said “ I love you”.

It happened again the moment I realized just exactly what he was doing on the floor bent down on one knee and then again a year and a half later when I turned the corner in the church and saw him in his tux waiting at the front of the sanctuary for me. Wow, just picturing it in my mind takes my breath away!

Fast forward a couple of years to taking a home pregnancy test and watching the positive lines pop up so fast that the “wait 3 minutes” instructions seemed to be a bit much.

A month later waiting to hear the baby’s heartbeat, hearing it and realizing that this was really happening.

A couple of months later I’m asked the “do you want to know the sex of the baby” question and following my “yes, yes, yes” were the sweet words “it’s a boy!”.

The big day arrived – he’s here, he looks like me and oh boy, life has changed forever.

My sweet boy is now a willful, dramatic 18 month old who manages to take my breath away more moments during the day than I can even count. His kisses, his hugs, his “mommas” are sometimes enough to make me cry with the happiness that those things bring to my heart.

Ten years after meeting my husband, he still manages to take my breath away with a loving look or sweet gesture or just by being mine.

I have a picture of my two guys that was taken right after my son was born – it’s their first official picture together – and every time I look at it…it takes my breath away.