Rachel - Green Bay, Wisconsin

I am female, barely 18, and I believe nearly everything.

I am part of the “granfalloon” of America, and am a confirmed United Methodist.

I read Sartre and Camus, and believe we only get one chance. Everything kind of becomes absurd after awhile.

I am in love, and he is a Muslim. So I believe in Islam, too. I tore myself up about it at first–how can a Christian “unequally yoke” herself and be scripturally true? Most Christians I talked to said it was unsound. I asked online advice people, different websites, everyone but who I should have talked to–him. When I did, I saw what I should have all along–I love him, honestly and passionately, and that is what God loves. All of these titles and worries are nonsense (angels dancing on a pin, if you like) compared to that.

I read too much classic literature. It is a consistent theme in most books of quality that life sucks, and then you die (if you’re not careful).

I believe what you believe, actually, if you really believe it.

I believe in Rumi–who teaches that God is always merciful and wise, and all religions are right. In this spirit, the way to God is the way that you think it is.

I believe I am nothing without you, or them, or God.

The only thing I don’t believe in is willful deceit, and that which is contrary to my waking senses.

Is there only one truth? If you say so, you are right. If you say no, you are right too.

I try to conduct myself with wisdom and mercy, always wisdom and mercy.

I am so small in this world, and so young, and probably silly–but this is what I believe.