Summer - Long Beach, California

For most of my teenage years, I had found myself struggling to understand relationships, best friends, my education, my dearest family, and most importantly, myself. From a heart break, dishonest friend, an argument, to a poor test grade, I have grown to realize that I frequent hurdles which I stumble upon everyday in my life. A popular quote by Robert Frost has helped me better understand the importance of getting over the weights which bring you down in life. This I believe: In three words I can sum up everything Ive learned about life: It goes on.

One can understand this quote by viewing it pessimistically or optimistically. In my understandings, I believe that you should refrain from allowing certain people or events carry on with you because they drag you down. Accounting for the tears I have cried, friends I have lost, or bad days in my life, it is much easier to get over the fact of the matter and move on with my life. If I didnt develop this ability to move on from dilemmas, I would be 10 steps behind the positive person I am today.

There are problems which you encounter that you have complete control over, and then some that you dont. You might find yourself displeased or saddened because of something that happened outside of your reach. You might be pissed off because you feel that if you had more control of the situation, it might have resulted in a different outcome. But you cannot look at the situation by degrading how it happened or who had control over it; you must understand the problem and simply move on. Sometimes you might accidentally say something rude without thinking, cause a fender bender, or forget a homework assignment; all problems you encounter which are in your control. It is almost impossible to let go of this damaging event if you carry it with you forever. You can avoid the struggle by learning from mistakes and moving on, knowing that the future is more promising.

Of course we all stumble upon these hurdles; everyone has trials and errors. But the person you are is defined on how well you understand your trial and errors, move on, and try for your next trial which has no error. You can only be as happy as you set your mind to be. If you do not let go of those nagging setbacks, you will carry a cloud over your head until the day you decide that life does go on. Letting go will not only help you heal faster, but you will be ready for new things brought your way. This I believe: In three words I can sum up everything Ive learned about life: It goes on.