Alejandra - Esparto, California

Ms. Hashagen

6 period Alejandra Baeza

11 December 2006

Have you ever taken something for granted? Well I did I took my education for granted. Everybody talks about how our school is so small and how they rather go to a bigger school. Not me I still remember the feeling I had when they told me I couldn’t come to EHS no more. It felt like I had a giant hole in my stomach, like if I had the worst stomachache in my life. The feeling you get when you loose something that’s meaningful to you. I remember it like if it was yesterday. It was on October 23 on a Monday. I was sitting in the principals office another normal day. Until she said these hurtful words “Friday is your last day here” I felt like a hot summer day just turn into a cold winter day. Everything that I was waiting for four years just disappear. Say goodbye to my class of 2007, to my friends that I grew up since pre-school. The dream of walking with my blue cap and gown down the baseball field of Esparto wasn’t going to come true no more. I thought to myself I got four days to make up for the three years I came to Esparto High. Live my school to the fullest. Go to class and pay attention instead of chatting with my friends, go home and do homework instead of talking in the phone. I remember going home and studying for an econ. Test which was rare in the past something I didn’t tend to do very often in the past. I remember regretting not enjoying my eight hours I went to school. I remember that I didn’t take advantage of my teachers that were always there for me and I never notice they were. Until my last day there, I remember Mr. Alvarez pulling me out of class and telling me not to give up. I remember my English teacher writing to me some words that made me change the way I thought about her they went like this: “Continue to be bright to grow and to change” That’s when I notice that Ms. Hashagen was a great teacher and would always be there for me. Another teacher that made a great intact in my life was Ms. Wheatly, she is a amazing teacher that I found out that cares about me and choices I make. She was always pushing me to enroll in a school, nagging me not to drop out. These are some words that inspire me to believe in the kindness of strangers. Some of her words went like this “I would love to be with you when things get rough, when they are better than ever, and when they are in between those extremes” How could a person that you don’t even know that is just a teacher could come and be a friend? In other words how could a stranger became my friend. Now I know that I could count on my teacher. After my experience I could say I believe in the kindness of teacher, the kindness of friends and the kindness of the people who you least expect it