Blythe - Milan, Illinois

I believe that children should be allowed to believe in Santa for as long as they can. Too many kids now a days learn too soon. I believed longer than most, and other kids should have that feeling of magic for a long time as well. All kids, that celebrate Christmas, deserve the right to believe in the magic that is Santa.

I once believed in the power of Christmas. I believed that Santa was a magical being. Now, I believe that every child deserves to believe what I once believed. I was given the right to believe in Santa as long as I could. I had a family to make sure of that. I even remember waking, when I was about four, and seeing Santa putting presents under the tree. That fueled my imagination and let me believe in the magic. I get to watch as my sister gets taken over my her belief in Santa’s magic, it is the most amazing thing in the world.

When I see people trying to deprive a child of the magic of Santa, I find myself wanting to yell at this person. Why would someone want to tell a child that the magic, others get to be apart of, is not something they get to join in on? I know a person who told their child that Santa was not real at a very young age. I felt a little piece on my heart break. Here was a child that knows all about Christmas, but doesn’t get to feel the magical spirit of the impossible. Christmas seems to feel a little bit more magical, once you know the truth. A little bit of the person wants to still believe in Santa, and that keeps the magic burning.

Once again, I believe that a child should be allowed to believe in Santa a long as they are able. It is one of the most amazing joys in this world to see a child believing in the magic of Santa Clause. These children’s belief’s, even though they never had just proof, is one of the reasons people catch the Christmas bug. Erma Bombeck once said, “There’s nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.”