Anyon - Esparto, California

As Eric Cartman once said, “It’s my body, I do what I want!” I believe in complete individual freedom. I believe I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. Whether it is from putting socks on, to smoking pot or drinking alcohol. For the most part, I think everything out before I do it. I consider the consequences, and the benefits. Sophomore year, I decided to wrestle. I then realized just how hard it was to cut weight, and maintain it.

Before wrestling, I never really thought about pounds and weight, and how dramatically they can affect the body. I soon realized I had to cut a few pounds, and keep it off. Well, it was a lot easier said than done. I tried to diet a little healthier, but I still was not making weight. I tried cutting snacks, but that did not do the trick either. I started realizing other ways to loose the pounds, such as chewing or smoking. I put so much thought into every possibility, no matter how bad, and finally drew the conclusion that I had to starve myself. I ate almost nothing, I busted my butt in practice, and I was able to make weight for tournaments and scrimmages.

I did what I had to do to make weight, and I do not regret anything from that year. It was my body, and I did what I believed in with it. I am happy I was able to make weight, and make it through the season. Others may have thought it was wrong, and I should not have been able to do it, but when it comes down to it, it was my body, and I did what I wanted with it. I do not have to follow little diets adults prepared, and I do not have to smoke like some others may have suggested. I choose what I thought was best, and did it. The can not tell me what to do, because they have no idea what brings me the most joy in the end. Ever since then, I do what I want, and I know I will be happy with whatever it turns out to be.