Jennifer - Esparto, California

I believe everywhere I go looking from left to right; up and down I see the need for communication.

Since I was a child I have always liked to play soccer and basketball I have observed when I am playing a sport I see the essentials of course one would be team work and what is needed for a team to function?…communication. Without communication it would not work. It is like what is needed for a car to run…. an engine.

I was in 7th grade just in the cafeteria paying attention to the principle and out of no where she yells my name and asks me if I had talk to my P.E teacher and told me to go to the office after this finished. Thoughts came running through my head. What have I done… the one that never got into trouble for anything not even a detention received in my life. I had came in and my P.E teacher Miss. Arellano gave me a scholarship to go to Kings Basketball Camp. When I had arrived to Arco Arena the stadium of the Sacramento Kings we got into little teams to my horror my team was named Lakers. Even though I did not like the name that did not matter because one strength my team had was communication and made a great difference no one yelled at one another .We talked the mistakes I had made or any my teammates . Yeah their was good and bad moments like any other team but the one thing that held us together was communication. I saw for the first time how a team works together and how good it felt and knew how a team should work and how important communication is, not just in sports but in everything family, relationships, friends, and work. “Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after.” Anne Morrow Lindbergh. When I take the step out to the real world I know that out there I am going to need to communicate one way or another in anything I will be doing.