Jenny - Capay, California

I believe that people should never regret anything because at the time it was exactly what they wanted. I live by this quote because the same exact thing happened to me just a few months ago. I thought that I regretted ever getting with this one guy named Matthew that I met in Sacramento, but at the time he was somebody who I thought that I really wanted to be with.

It was about two or three months ago when I started talking to this guy Matthew. He was a friend with one of my close friends boyfriend. When I started talking to him I thought that he was a cool guy that I would want to get to know better, I never realized that he would have been some kind of freak or the type of guy to have mental issues. Why do I think that he is a freak? Well, when we started talking all the time I think that he got pretty comfortable with me and he started acting different like he was my boyfriend or something and he started acting like he could control what I did and me. That was one of the reasons why I had stopped talking to him. But then after three weeks of not talking to him his sister had called me and told me that he was in jail for stealing a car and forging other peoples checks.

When I came home from school one day the phone rang and it was him calling me collect, I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to talk to him or not, but of course I accepted the collect call because I wanted to see what was up with him and what exactly happened. He started calling me everyday collect from jail and I would accept the calls.

Three weeks later he was out of jail and back at home. When I told him that I didn’t want to come and see him he got mad at me and was saying that if I didn’t go and see him that he would come to my house, but he wouldn’t be nice that he would try doing something that he knew would hurt me. What was kind of weird though is the fact that he said that he would never hurt me physically, but he would do something to hurt me emotionally. That’s when I knew that I never wanted to talk to him ever again. First of all he got me into believing something that wasn’t true, and basically he was lying to me the whole time. It hurt me to know that and that is one of the reasons why it is so hard for me to trust people. To this day I never talk to him and I never will again. In a way I feel bad for not talking to him, but then again I know that I will never regret it even though at the time it was exactly what I wanted.