Eric - marion, Montana

I believe that you can learn something from everyone that you meet. Everyone has probably done something in their life that is worth talking about and sharing with someone else. Every where I go, I try to talk to anyone that is around because you never know what they might say.

I have always liked to talk to people because I think that people are interesting. I love a good conversation and I am usually up for one anytime. My favorite place to talk to people was the public bus. There are so many different people on the bus that you are bound to meet someone interesting. If you just sit there and keep to yourself, you are bound to miss out on something that someone could teach.

You could also meet someone that could really frustrate you. They can teach you how to deal with people that you don’t like appropriately. From time to time, you may run into someone that is inconsiderate and just dealing with them can be a learning experience.

This is something that is unfortunate but does occur.

I remember this one person that I learned a lot from, my bus driver. I used to ride the school bus every day and he would always give me something to think about. He was an old guy and had done a lot in his life. He used to tell me stories about all sorts of things. I loved hearing him tell me that I would be okay if I “slowed my roll”. He thought that I was always doing too much and that I should keep to myself a bit more. I liked the guy and when I found out that he wasn’t going to be my bus driver any more I was really un-happy; he was really good to me and I could tell that he cared. I learned to pay it forward and to be there to help other people. He also taught me to listen.

I think that there are many people to learn something from and all you need to do is stop and listen. Learning from other people is probably one the most important things in my life. I have learned a lot from other people and that makes up the person that I am today.

I am thankful for what I have learned from other people and I believe everyone has something to offer.