Charlene - Halifax, Canada

I believe that society is a self-organizing reflexive system… though I don’t believe that the way it has organized itself is the ideal system of organization.

I believe that people are in control of their own destiny… though I don’t believe that all people are able to take control of it.

I believe that we evolve within the context of our environment (socially and physically)… though I don’t believe that this evolution is always “progressive.”

I believe that money is the root of all evil… though I don’t believe that it has to be.

I believe that stereotypes are often just… though I don’t believe that we should use them to judge.

I believe that there are a lot of good ideas out there from people far more thoughtful than I… though I don’t believe that I have to choose just one to follow.

I believe that there is a right and wrong… though I don’t believe in a single moral code which governs what is right and wrong.

I believe that belief is formed through education and experience… though I don’t believe that any belief is truth.

I believe that my belief system is fragmented and contradictive… though I don’t believe that this is detrimental.

I do not believe that the “revolution” is imminent… though I do believe that small change can be revolutionary.

I do not believe that any single person has all of the answers… though I do believe that we all have parts of the answers.

I do not believe that national government is effective… though I do believe that local government should be given more power to deliver services.

I do not believe that the US government was responsible for 9/11… but I do believe that it has been beneficial for their mandate.

I do not believe that war is the answer… though I do believe that violence and aggression is a part of human nature.

This is just a smattering of my beliefs… and by no means definitive… I would be happy to expand on any of these ideas…