Paul - Marion, Montana

There is only one thing I believe in that helps me overcome struggle. A sense of self-discipline helps me to control my everyday struggles. I used to be troubled with holding myself back but once I found this “mind over matter.” Once I figured this out it helped me to mature and never lose my mind over some simple materialistic item that would mean nothing to me in the long run.

The mind is a beautiful and wondrous thing and with help I began to realize what a waste I was making it out to be. I then learned the full potential of the human mind. I let small things like being late or one grade on a test. I figured out the small consequence of these situations. I could be just as happy without putting myself up on all this pressure and just take these things for what they were. Small insignificant situations that I didn’t need to lose sleep over. I figured out importance of certain things and I could use my mind to figure them out more.

For crying out loud there are Buddhist monks who burn off fingers for their faith. You can do anything if you just prove to yourself that whatever your struggle isn’t a big deal. You can lie to yourself to believe anything you want. With help it can become a tool to accomplish anything you want.

I believe with help I can use my mind to overcome anything. Other people need to make this important realization to make their life better.