rita - newton, Massachusetts

I believe that a friendship is beyond human.

People say I’m crazy sometimes about the way I love my dog. My dog can make me very happy add helps me to feel better. Also he can make others happy. He will always be loyal to me, never even think to hurt me, and love me no matter what. People cannot understand this love, only if they experienced one.

My dog brings me happiness. He saved me with his heart. After my fiancé and me broke up I felt very lonely. I lost my friend, my job and any interest in having social life. I wanted to die. I recognized how a human can be awful, a dog would have never make their owner disappointed. If human can be so cruel, I know that a pet can be very loving and a good friend. Any time I feel alone he’s little cute face look at me and it make me smile. Whenever I feel sad he feel it, so he comes and try to kiss me. With a single look he can sense my feelings.

He can even make a stranger to smile. When I’m walking with him no body can just pass by him. It is funny when people walking with a mad face, or they in their own thoughts, as soon they see his brown eyes a big smile stick to their faces. It just proves me how a little dog, can make a human so happy. Once I walked into a store with him, I saw a couple fighting. As usually my dog was giving me kisses. When the two people saw him they stopped the fight and become so sweet and tried to pet him. Right after I turned to go I herd that they kind off solving their fight. When they left the store they were holding hands. It was all Chicko’s duty.

It’s not just a saying that a dog if human best friend. Dogs are very loyal to their owners. A dog will always stick to their family, and never let them down. Once I was playing with my brother and he did some move that looked to my dog like his going to hurt me. Even thought my dog is only 3 lb, he jumped on my brother and tried to bit him for trying to hurt me.

Before I had my dog I had plenty pf free time. Now I always find what to do with him. Taking care of a dog is almost like taking care of a baby. There is always some thing to do with him, like wash and brush him or take him for a walk. He filled my life with happiness and with responsibilities. Witch makes me mature. Maybe it’s a big compressing but its almost like care of a baby. Some people are very difficult to find that simple time with the one you love.