robert - quincy, Massachusetts

I Believe in Telepathy

I believe in telepathy. I am sure that there are people who share their thoughts simultaneously without speaking. I believe in the power of the human mind.

I meet Laurette in the Red Cross and after a short period of time we became best friends. It’s comforting to find someone that you agree with all the time; we both like the same things and think in the same way. We are like two separate bodies with the same mind. One day I was thinking about calling her. As I picked up my phone, there was an incoming call from her. I was surprised. We were thinking about each other at the same time. I didn’t say anything to her. I didn’t want her thinking I was strange. But after many other instances, I called her and told her the story. She was surprised because this has happened to her many times, too.

It was scary at first, knowing a person who thinks exactly like you and that he can fell you. I started to think that if I did something wrong she’d know or if I lied to her she will know the truth. First this was disconcerting but later when we became best friends; it was a relief to know someone like her.

She told me this is telepathy. Not many people know about telepathy, but I believe that it is communication between minds without using sensory perceptions. I don’t know if all people know about it or share it with other people .Telepathy exists in degrees and I think it’s 100% between me and Laurette. This is something supernatural. I don’t know how it works and I just accept it because I can not stop it from happening between us nether teaches somebody how to share it with someone else. I have asked my friends if they share that with someone else, but many laugh about this idea. It may be something good or bad but it’s wonderful to have someone who knows everything about you.

After I went to the United States, nothing has changed; today I was going to call her and tell her that I’m so sorry I can’t call her this week because I have midterms. At the same moment, she sent me a message telling me “I understand if one week passes without calling me because I know that you have midterms”. Telepathy has nothing to do with the distance because I can still feel when she’s happy or sad.

I used to see her everyday, and now I call her every day just to hear her voice. Even though we are far apart, we are still very close. She makes me feel better when I ‘m sad. She makes me laugh when I’m angry. I don’t know how to explain it but she knows me so well. I believe we were destined to share our thoughts and remain friends forever .I believe in Laurette .I believe in telepathy.