Mary Wiese - Fairbanks, Alaska

This I believe

“Life without a friend is like death without a witness.” Without friends who would we be? What would we be? In my life I have been blessed with some of the greatest friends.

When I was little my first best friend was Corri. She was my first real friend. We lived down the street from each other and she taught me to stand up for myself. Before Corri, I would let others push me around and wouldn’t have passes elementary school. Corri was a great influence on me and has also been great for my family. She could put up with my brothers and was always a house down the street to go and calm down at.

Now my friends are a real treat. They are of them Jenna, Anne and Cassie. Each of them have special qualities and make every day worth living for.

I’ll start with Jenna; she has a very strong heart. She knows how to fight for what she believes and will go the distance for the people she really cares for. She has always been the one to share my inner most feeling.

Anne is a wild thing! If you want to go do something fun and have a good time, she is the one to call. When we are together we never know what to expect. We can come up with some unbelievable things to do, that I should probably not even get started with.

Now Cassie is the sweetest thing ever. When I’m having a bad day, she is the one to talk to; she listens to everything. She knows how to have fun but knows when it is too much. She is super calm and very patient when needed.

Now the three of them all together are some of the best things that I will ever find. The thoughtfulness that they put into my life and the helping hearts that they all bear; have influenced me so much, I can hardly thank them enough. With out them who would I be?

For everyone else; I always have someone to call and talk to. My friends have kept me away from things that I know that I should never get myself into. If it weren’t for them I probably would know how to play the Play Station and would stay home all by myself wasting my life away. I would know what was going on with TV for every show; I would also be one of the biggest losers ever. “Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life.” Without friends who would I be? Friends are vital this I believe.