Ger - Ruidoso, New Mexico
Age Group: 65+

I am a Christian and a Druid and a Buddhist and a Muslim and a Taoist, and I am none of these. I believe that the teachers of Truth came to earth to show us how to live a divine life in a divine body. I do not believe in any religion. Religion is the root of war. Christ did not come to establish Christianity, nor did Buddha teach Buddhism; neither did Muhammad found Islam. In fact, the Prophet said “Every soul has its own religion.”

I believe that the Divine is present in the words of Truth and the works of Love, and that God is manifest in the world as Beauty. A Christian told us that God became man so that mankind might become God, and the Church accused him of heresy. Yet a heathen Tibetan agreed: “To embody the transcendent is why we are here.”

In his Epistle to the Colossians, St. Paul described the New Man as “neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, Sythian, barbarian, bond or free, but Christ is all, and in all.”

A Sufi, the Muslim Hazrat Inayat Kahn said it best: “When one transcends Christianity, Judaism or Islam, there one finds Music.”

This I believe.