Nicole - Green Bay, Wisconsin
Themes: death

I believe that there just isn’t enough time on this earth to spend with our loved ones. I believe that cancer is one of the scariest things that someone can come across. I believe that cigarette companies should have to pull their products from the shelves of stores, from the ads on billboards, from movies, and from the hands of minors.

As I am nineteen years old, I have not experienced many deaths within my family, or among my friends. What I can say though is that the one funeral that I have gone to was because of cancer. I sit here now today in the very same position again. One of my best friend’s Dad is waiting on his death bed, waiting for the Aggressive Brain Cancer to come and take him away to a better place. A place that is not of suffering every day, a place where he can walk without any help, a place where he can live his life to a ripe old age of 99. My friend that is in this situation now has also gone through this situation about four years ago. His best friend’s Dad also passed away from cancer.

It is so hard to sit by and watch, knowing that I can’t do anything except keep my friend and his dad company when I can. It is so hard to sit by and watch my friend’s Dad basically decay from the inside out. My best friend is devastated. About a month ago my friend’s Dad was celebrating. Celebrating the fact that the doctor’s had gotten all of the cancer. Of course there is always the fact that it might come back again, and it did. It came back three times worse that it was before. How can a person whom is so loved be stricken with such an illness? How can he leave behind a wife and three boys, which are the world to him?

How can a company that has claimed over 422,400 lives already this year still be in business? How can a company that puts sodium hydroxide in cigarettes, a chemical found in hair removal products, still be running? How can the government make food producers list all ingredients within food on their packages, but allow a product that kills one third of it’s users to not list any of the possible 599 additive ingredients on their packages? How can a company that has over 4,000 chemical compounds in its product still exist? How can cigarette companies let their cigarettes produce second hand smoke, smoke that contains hydrogen cyanide which is found in rat poison?

I could go on and on about all of the devastating facts that cigarette’s cause. All I can really say though is that you should tell your friends and family just one of the facts about smoking that you have read about today. All of the facts about cigarettes that I have used are from the web-site Visit this site today to learn more, and please spread The Truth to someone you love, today.

“Infect Truth.” The Truth. 12/18/2006. 18 Dec 2006 .