FirsAndrea - Manlius, New York
Themes: work

Just Practice, Practice, Practice!

Ever heard the age old saying, “Practice makes perfect?” Well, it’s true. I believe in practice. The reason I believe so strongly in the value of practice is that it has brought me to where I am today and I know it will bring me even farther in the future.

I play volleyball and the saxophone, which both require practice in order to succeed. As I put in more practice time, I see improvements in my skill. I would have never gotten as far as I have in either of these activities if it wasn’t for consistent practice.

Even if you don’t practice very much or very consistently, just a little practice can help you more than you might think. Once I decided to practice my vertical jump in order to develop my volleyball playing ability. Within days I was already jumping substantially higher than I ever had before. Times like that one have made me believe in the power of practice. Now I see that a little bit of practice goes a long way.

Practice has given me an incentive to work towards. I see that I am capable of becoming better so I want to keep trying to reach my highest goals. It makes me feel like a stronger person. It feels good to know that I am trying my hardest to be better. In this way, I am not letting myself down. As I practice, I may not immediately see huge improvements, but I know that I am improving in the long run.

People are never born great at something. They always need practice. Like when a baby takes his first steps. He does not walk perfectly on his first attempt. It takes many tries in order to get something right and even then nothing is perfect. There is always room for improvement. One can always practice more because, no matter how close it may be, a skill can never be fully perfected. The possibilities are endless if you just apply yourself and practice.

Every person has potential to become great, but the people that actually become great are the ones who practice diligently. Practice will help you feel like and be a more accomplished person. Each person has greatness inside of him waiting to be set free through practice. You cannot possibly be great at a skill if you do not attempt it and practice it. You will feel so much better about yourself if you know that you are trying your hardest to become the best that you can be.

Practicing skills has bettered my life in infinite ways. I believe in practice because it never ceases to amaze me how, through practice, people progress beyond their highest expectations. Practice develops a person into more than they ever imagined was possible.